Friday, May 11, 2012

Going Nude: Flesh-toned Flats and High Heels


I've seen nude pumps all over fashion magazines and blogs, but never actually bought them. With being away at college with tons of hilly walking, they seemed unpractical. Plus, many styles seemed too plain. Now that I am working and back in New York City, I found flesh-toned shoes are my most valuable shoe. They go with everything, make your legs look amazing, and don't have to be so plain or so tall.

I recent purchased nude Bandolino flats with a buckle from Famous Footwear for about $40.





From the first time I wore them, they were comfortable. They have a very slight wedge which helps to lengthen my legs and also helps prevent heel pain because it put less pressure on my heels. The material is soft and doesn't dig in. The toe box is a bit wider and taller which I find more comfortable.

They have a silver buckle detail on the front. I like this detail because when you are wearing nude shoes with tights or pants and losing the long leg effect, you still have some interest and style.

I also recently purchased Nine West pointy-toed nude heels from Famous Footwear for $35.




These shoes have a lower heel, about 2 inches, which I find makes them more comfortable for work or going out, times when you are on your feel a lot.

The front is pointy, which is back in style again. They also have a gathering and bow-like detail. This again makes them look nice with pants and tights.

They have some padding inside and the back of the shoe is not too tight. The first time I wore them included a lot of time on my feet and I only had minor discomfort at the end. Not too bad for a new pair of heels.

What do you think of my purchases? Do you like nude shoes? What types of nude shoes do you have?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete