Sunday, February 1, 2015

New, free shoes with rewards points

You've heard of using miles to get free plane tickets or using credit card points to get money back, but how about earning free shoes?


I recently headed to Famous Footwear to return shoes that unfortunately did not fit right. While there I couldn't resist peeking at the shoes they had in stock, especially since clearance was buy on get one 50 percent off.

In my size, I saw black flats with buckles by Dr. Scholls. I had owned the same shoes in metallic silver and after some time wore them out. They were the perfect fit and comfortable.


Now I needed another pair. I found red pointy-toed heels by Life Stride that were a lower heel and padded, making them comfortable. The style was classic, if also a bit safe. They were marked $10, so I figured for $5, how could I go wrong?






I went to check out, happy to be getting two pairs of shoes for $20, when I remembered to check the Famous Footwear app for rewards coupons. Turns out the shoes were...free!

How?

I joined the Famous Footwear rewards program. For every $1 you spend you get 1 point. Every 100 points, you earn a $5 reward. If you spend $200 a year, you become a gold member and get 1.5 points for every $1 spent and free shipping on all online orders.  For more information see: http://www.famousfootwear.com/rewardsinfo

If you're trying to get deals, every dollar counts.

Do you shop at shoes stores with rewards points? Have you ever gotten shoes for free?

For more frequent updates, follow on twitter @throughthesole, become a fan on facebook, or follow us on Pinterest. Don't forget our Instagram account.


Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Just click your heels...Ruby Red Slipper Memorabilia
Shoes for the other gender, Picking men's shoes
Move Over Shoe Designers, Start-up Allows You to Design Shoes


Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment